I don’t know if it’s related to being a foodie or a dietitian, but I love cute food! (This even extends to non-food items that look like food.) When I saw this recipe for mini eggplant pizzas I had to try it I like this recipe because you can get creative with the toppings.
1 large eggplant (or 2 medium)
1/3 cup olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 1/4 cups marinara sauce (I ended up using bruschetta sauce)
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (I made a few using chev goat cheese)
1/2 cup torn basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut the ends off the eggplant(s) and then cut into 3/4 inch-thick slices. Arrange the slices on the prepared baking sheets and brush both sides of each slice with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast the eggplant slices until nearly tender, 10-12 minutes.
4. Remove baking sheets from the oven and spread 2 tablespoons of sauce on top of each piece. Top generously with cheese.
5. Return the pizzas to the oven and roast until the cheese is melted, 5-7 minutes more.
6. Serve the pizzas hot, garnished with basil.